Do We Really Use 100% Of Our Brains? Recent Studies Suggest otherwise.

After decades of being told that we only use 10% of our brains, it turns out that this is a myth. Many neuroscientists are saying we use 100% of our brains. The myth that we only use 10% of our mind was based on a misunderstanding of how glial cells function in the brain. Only 10% of our brain is made up of neurons, and the other 90% of the brain is made of glial cells. Neurons are the basic anatomical and physiological unit of the nervous system. Glial cells were initially thought to only support neurons; it turns out they do more than just support neurons; they can inhibit or activate neurons. They also connect neurons, and they can control the activity of neurons. Ultimately they play an essential part in how the brain works, thus proving that we already use more than 10% of our brains. Although it has been proven that we use more than 10% of our minds to say that we use 100% is a claim that comes with a few unanswered questions.
Many people suffer trauma to the head and end up with superhuman abilities. So if we already use 100% of our brain, then how would one explain the capabilities that people get because new pathways have been formed in the brain?
Jason Padget, for example, at the age of 30, suffered a head injury because he was kicked in the head. This horrible experience caused him to be diagnosed with acquired savant syndrome, a condition in which an individual possesses a skill so extraordinary that they can perform seemingly impossible mathematical, linguistic, or artistic tasks. Newly activated areas of the mind turned him into a math genius. Orlando Serrell also suffered a head injury and was diagnosed with the same condition, except his ability is calendar calculating. Pick any date, past or future, no matter how far in the past or future, and he can tell the day it falls on within a matter moments.

This new mainstream concept that we already use 100% of our brains is quite questionable and seems to go hand in hand with other misinformation that the general public has been taught. Take, for example, cigarettes. In the 1930s, cigarettes were endorsed by medical professionals. In 1937, the Philip Morris cigarette company posted an ad with the Saturday Evening Post claiming doctors had conducted a study stating when smokers changed to their brand, every case of irritation due to smoking cleared entirely or at least improved. However, what they did not mention was that Philip Morris had sponsored those doctors.
If the majority of people began to explore how to use 100% of their brains, this could have a diabolical change on humanity as a whole, mostly because the outcome of having this ability is, in large part, utterly impossible to predict. Even if we knew all the things we could do using 100% of our brain, we have no way of knowing how each person will choose to use their abilities. So, although having superhuman abilities can be fascinating, it can also be quite frightening. Therefore keeping the masses in a place of ignorant bliss may seem like the best option for the “powers that be” When people know too much, they can be considered dangerous.
Knowledge is power! Although this may seem like a cheesy line from an afterschool special, it is correct! When you control what someone knows, you ultimately control their ability. Depending on what information you are keeping from them, it can cause their demise. Let’s take a look at history. In the 1930s, the Nazi’s stormtroopers were known for burning books that were in opposition to Nazi ideology. In America, in the 1700s, Anti literacy laws were enforced to keep slaves from learning. And in the present day all over the world serval countries are burning bibles to prevent their citizens or residents from being influenced spiritually. It is part of human nature to control others by limiting what they have access too. One thing that history has taught us is if humans were capable of superhuman powers by using 100% of their brains, it would not be mainstream information, nor would it be embraced or taught because such a thing is impossible to control. Those who are interested in such an ability would have to pursue it on their own and think for themselves.

References: Bruce H. Lipton, PH.D. Using 100% of your brain
History.com [ https://www.history.com/news/cigarette-ads-doctors-smoking-endorsement ]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *